[Qgis-user] filter on joined table broken?

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Thu Aug 16 10:58:48 PDT 2018

Hi there,

when creating a table join using "joins" in "layer properties", you
can't filter the resulting table. QGIS informs that it's needed to
build a virtual layer to make filtering work. But even if you select
"yes", the joined fields don't appear in attribute table.

It doesn't matter if you create a virtual join in memory or not.
Sure, you create a join using "processing", but this creates a new
dataset. I'm also missing a "drop none-joined rows" in here...
(ArcGIS style) this seems to be only available from "processing"

I'm on latest QGIS 3.3 on Windows 7, 64 bit. The problem also occurs
on QGIS 3.2 stable. Before filing a bug, I'd like to discuss it here.
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. I've tested this on three different
systems (okay, one is running an older version of QGIS3.3-dev on Windows
10).

Best regards,
Tobias