[Qgis-user] Default Value for a Widget

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Mon Aug 27 13:28:45 PDT 2018

I have an address point database. There are some string calculations
that have to happen after a point has been added. I've hit a bit of a
stuck spot with this one.

I have three fields: fielda. fieldb, and fieldc

When the user adds the information for those three fields I have one
field that needs to add the three strings together. In the fieldtotal
column I set up an expression (in the attributes form) for the default
value that is: "fielda" || ' ' || "fieldb" || ' ' || "fieldc" and place
that in default value.

example: "123", "MAIN", "456" and I want "123 MAIN 456"

It won't calculate at the end - it's as if I'm forgetting to set
something. If I check the "Apply default value on update" checkbox it
will update if I edit the point - just not on initial point creation.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something.

Randy

--
Randal Hale