[Qgis-user] looking for mapping program

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Wed Aug 29 15:08:26 PDT 2018

Hi,

You will find that QGIS is an excellent product  that can be used in a
professional environment.  It is stable.  I do not know XMap 7 pro
therefore I could not help you to see if this is a good replacement.  It
would help to know exactly what you do with XMap 7 pro.

Importing projects will probably be impossible or would need some
competent programmer.  This will probably be the same for all GIS
software.  What you will be able to import is the raster files and
vector files into a new QGIS project.  QGIS can handle most formats.
You can look at this https://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html  and
https://www.gdal.org/ogr_formats.html for more information on the
various formats.

Nicolas