[Qgis-user] User question of the month

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 00:56:43 PST 2018

Hi Anita -

Thanks for the effort in trying to establish user and upgrading patterns
for QGIS :-)

I think however, that the answers ar skewed, because the "enterprise"
segment of users  probably doesn't even know about this mailing list or
"Planet QGIS", so the answers mostly represent "power" users.

.

My own experience with enterprise rollouts of QGIS - and I have made a
couple of these - tells me that your average IT-department prefer a yearly
rollout, might accept a major upgrade every 6 months and will absolutely
*refuse* anything on a timescale lesser than 4 months. YMMV

Enterprise users are roughly split in two groups. 25% are curious and
embraces new versions. The other 75 % doesn't give a flying fig about new
versions and functions as long the current version are stable and have a
tool-set that covers the conceived needs for the individual user. Again,
YMMV

Just my 2 cents

Kind regards

Bo Victor Thomsen