[Qgis-user] 3.4.2: file dialogs freeze for several seconds (Mac Mojave)

b.j.kobben at utwente.nl b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Mon Dec 10 07:37:55 PST 2018

Hi all,

Since updating to 3.4.2 (from 3.4.1, details below*) whenever QGIS uses my systems (MacOS) file dialogs I experience freezes of up to several seconds: the whole QGIS software stops doing anything and does not react. Until now it always recovers, gets back to normal, but it makes using the software annoying and awkward. I also notice that when starting, the QGIS icon in the dock does not “bounce” as it’s supposed to, but hangs frozen in the air....

Did anyone else experience this, and (preferably) knows a solution...?

* running on mac OSX Mojave 10.14.1:
QGIS version

3.4.2-Madeira

QGIS code branch

Release 3.4<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/release-3_4>

Compiled against Qt

5.11.2

Running against Qt

5.11.2

Compiled against GDAL/OGR

2.3.2

Running against GDAL/OGR

2.3.2

Compiled against GEOS

3.7.0-CAPI-1.11.0

Running against GEOS

3.7.0-CAPI-1.11.0 673b9939

PostgreSQL Client Version

9.6.10

SpatiaLite Version

4.4.0-RC1

QWT Version

6.1.3

QScintilla2 Version

2.10.8

PROJ.4 Version

493

--
Barend Köbben
Senior Lecturer – ITC-University of Twente & ATLAS