[Qgis-user] Polygon Dimensioning in QGIS

Kirk Schmidt kirk at nortekresources.com
Thu Feb 1 07:28:48 PST 2018

One way to work around the issue is to generate a new line layer
digitized at the position that you want the finished dimension to show
up on your graphic or map.  Add a length attribute to the completed
linse and calculate the length in trhe units of your choice.  This is
not ideal for a large number of polygons but does work.

On 2/1/2018 5:49 AM, Bernd Vogelgesang wrote:
> Oh Paolo, please find the time to find that example ;)
> I think there is quite some need for such a function, especially in
> the moving-from-CAD-to-QGIS-community.
>
> Cheers
> Bernd
>

> Am 01.02.2018, 10:44 Uhr, schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
>
>     I am sure, we have done it.
>     I can dig out an example when I find the time.
>     All the best.
>
>     Il 1 febbraio 2018 09:40:39 WET, Andreas Neumann
>     <a.neumann at carto.net> ha scritto:
>
>         I am not so sure if it can be easily done with styling. Perhaps with
>         geometry generators and labels. But it is definitely not so trivial.
>
>         In QGIS 2.x there was a dimensioning plugin:
>         https://github.com/kalxas/dimensioning
>
>         I haven't tried this myself, not sure if and how it works.
>
>         Andreas
>

>         On 01.02.2018 10:35, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>
>             Il 01/02/2018 09:11, haufe at gbd-consult.de ha scritto:
>
>                 Dear QGIS-User community, I am looking for
>                 an opportunity in order to create a polygon
>                 dimensioning in QGIS. Do you have any suggestions how
>                 I can do this? -- The result should look like the
>                 picture below. The best case scenario should show the
>                 dimensioning in meter as the unit. I tried the plugin
>                 QAD but it seems like I can not do it within the
>                 plugin. Any assistance is welcome!
>
>             this can be easily done with styling. I agree it could be
>             more automatic, but it is doable right now. All the best.

>     --
>     Sorry for being short
>

> --
> Bernd Vogelgesang