[Qgis-user] Debian/Ubuntu repositories on qgis.org - https vs http

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Feb 2 01:53:01 PST 2018

On 01-02-18 17:46, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Thu, 01. Feb 2018 at 10:24:31 +0100, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>> the certificate on qgis2/qgis.org has some alternative names in it's
>> certificate, one if them is ubuntu.qgis.org
> Oh, sorry - I forgot.  That's because qgis used to fetch version.txt from
> ubuntu.qgis.org, right?   Do we need to advertise it?
>
> Wouldn't download.osgeo.org suffice to bypass cloudflare in case of a problem
> there without suggesting it's something special for ubuntu?

download.qgis.org you mean?
Or do you mean to put the version.txt on the osgeo machien?

I'm ok with some alt names in the certificate, it is all updated in one
go anyway.

I think in general (big) download sites is a good thing to use the
service of cloudflare? It keeps the pressure from our own servers?

>> So I think it is ok to use ubuntu.qgis.org in docs?
>> We could even add debian.qgis.org in the certificate if needed/wanted?
> And whatnot.qgis.org... ;)

What about linux.qgis.org, we can use that one for all repo's which
should not go over cloudflare.
Though whatnot.qgis.org is fine for me too :-)

nocache.qgis.org ?

Richard