[Qgis-user] Polygon Dimensioning in QGIS

Michel Stuyts michel.stuyts at edegem.be
Thu Feb 8 07:46:13 PST 2018

Paolo,

I used your example as a starting point to create a qml style file that adds dimensions to all segments of the border of simple polygons, without an extra line layer. I used the geometry generator to create some marker lines and arrows. I also added the area in the center of the polygons. For some reason the labels with the lengths of the segments (that are Font Marker Lines) look more bold than the labels that show the areas (that are real labels), even though in QGIS 2.99 they have the same size and units. I QGIS 2.18 I tried to give them both about the same size in pixel and point units.

I uploaded 2 qml-files (1 for QGIS 2.18 and 1 for QGIS 2.99) and an example result png-file to Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2d1eaia7miy2v3b/AAB6H5ovouKEMoMmUSwf3pnza?dl=0

How to use the style:
1. open or create a polygon layer
2. add some simple polygons
3. apply the qml-file for your QGIS version (2.18 or 2.99)

Michel