[Qgis-user] Problems to create new columns through two tables

Kai Borgolte Kai.Borgolte at gmx.de
Tue Feb 20 12:17:39 PST 2018

Am 20.02.2018 um 18:27 schrieb Daniel Alejandro Montecinos Rubilar:

> I want to create a new column in QGIS from a cross-information of two tables. The first table are communes of my country and the second are some electrical faults plotted as points. Then I want to create a new column in table 1, by means of the following logic:
>
> NewColumn = Sum (column_value2_ of_table2)

When you install the refFunctions plugin, you can use the Field
Calculator to create an aggregate field with a formula like this:

intersecting_geom_sum('table2', 'column_value2')

This will search all points in table2 intersecting with features in
table1, add the values from column_value2 and write the sum to table1.
--
Kai Borgolte, Bonn