[Qgis-user] Free/Open Data Maps list

Albin Blaschka albin.blaschka at standortsanalyse.net
Tue Feb 27 01:51:15 PST 2018

Am 27.02.2018 10:30, schrieb Idan Miara:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for different maps (preferably global maps) to use as a background in QGIS
> (Topographic maps, Orthophoto, DTM etc).
> Is there a list/plugin with a collection of free/open data maps that I can use?

For QGIS 2.x there is the Quickmapservices-Plugin for various Background
maps, as far as I know, it is not yet ported to QGIS 3

As far as DTMs are concerned, there are different websites, where you
can download such data (ASTER & Co.), a nice compilation is
http://viewfinderpanoramas.org/

HTH,
Albin

--
| Dr.rer.nat. Albin Blaschka
| Etrichstrasse 26, A-5020 Salzburg
| * www.standortsanalyse.net [1] *
| * www.researchgate.net/profile/Albin_Blaschka [2] *
| - It's hard to live in the mountains, hard but not hopeless!

Links:
------
[1] http://www.standortsanalyse.net
[2] http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Albin_Blaschka