[Qgis-user] Mac OS X building QGIS 3 dev on a clean machine!

David Liontooth lionteeth at cogweb.net
Tue Feb 27 02:18:21 PST 2018

Hi John,

Vince at Macports has been responsive to packaging requests and appears
to have done a great job, though last I looked there were still some
features missing, such as the qgis3 server. Ideally we'd have 2-3 teams
working on it. I don't know how homebrew works, but let's assume they
have someone who would figure out the qgis3 build for everyone else's
benefit: in that case, you could support that person by testing his
builds. In my book, qgis users shouldn't all be spending their time
trying to figure out the intricacies of the build process; it's not
something we need to keep reinventing.

If you're starting from scratch, I'd give macports a try. If you run
into a problem, submit a detailed bug report; you might for instance
catch dependencies Vince missed.

David