[Qgis-user] QGIS3: statusbar too long for 1280 x 1024

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Wed Jan 3 10:59:55 PST 2018

On piÄ…tek, 29 grudnia 2017 17:08:37 CET Tobias Wendorff wrote:
> Hey Borys,
>
> Am Mi, 27.12.2017, 23:59 schrieb Borys Jurgiel:
> > You can hide anything you want: Settings -> Interface customization
> > Just uncheck mRotationEdit and mRotationLabel and restart QGIS.
>
> didn't know that, but it's very hard to handle.
>
> "Switch to to catching widgets in main application" doesn't work for
> statusbar ;(

Actually only toolbars and their buttons can be selected like that.
I've added it to the feature request: https://issues.qgis.org/issues/15021
It's the necessary first step to give it a chance to be noticed. However, I'm
not optimistic about when, or even if, someone will implement it in his spare
time. It has neither high priority nor is trivial to implement. If you really
need it, please consider raising a sponsorship.

> And seems like you can't remove "Type to locate".

Thanks for the report. As above, although this one is much more important, as
there is completely no way to hide the Locator widget. I filled a bug ticket:
https://issues.qgis.org/issues/17779

Best regards,

Borys