[Qgis-user] Linestring - Select by Location

Finbar Gillen finbar.gillen at vhi.ie
Tue Jan 9 04:31:50 PST 2018

Hi all,

I am doing a bit of analysis where I want to select all linestrings where their end point falls within a polygon feature. Below are the settings I have used in 'Select by Location' Plugin.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D38945.D12AFB00]

Any linestring that falls outside will not be selected, which you would expect. I don't want to use 'intersects' as an option in the plugin as it will create an over selection for what I want to do.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D38945.D12AFB00]

Is there a way where you can specify the linestring end point has to be within a polygon rather than the whole line? I have the x y coordinate for the end point within the attribute table.

Regards
Finbar

Finbar Gillen | Data Analyst
Vhi Healthcare| 2 Custom House Plaza, IFSC, Dublin 1
E : finbar.gillen at vhi.ie<mailto:finbar.gillen at vhi.ie>