[Qgis-user] How to get vector tools to appear in Vector menu

John Ottensmann john.ottensmann at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 13:39:54 PST 2018

I recently upgraded to 2.18 for Mac OS X (High Sierra) from KyngChaos. Trying to perform a vector operation, I found that the vector processing tools submenus were not appearing in the Vector menu. After some temporary consternation about losing this functionality, I saw that these tools were now included in the Processing Toolbox, so they were available. After working with a few of those tools for a bit, I was surprised to discover that the vector tools submenus were now appearing under the  Vector menu. Then, coming back to QGIS a bit later, the tools were no longer in the Vector menu and doing what I had before, displaying the Processing Toolbox and running one of the vector tools, did not result in the submenus being added to the Vector menu.

Since the tools are available in the Processing Toolbox, it’s not a deal breaker if they don’t appear under the Vector menu. But since I use them on a regular basis, it would be more convenient having them there than having to go into the Processing Toolbox. Is there a way to have them consistently appear there?

Thanks in advance,

John Ottensmann