[Qgis-user] Why does this message keeps occuring in QGIS? GEOS geoprocessing error: One or more input features have invalid geometry.

Martin Weis martin.weis.newsadress at gmx.de
Wed Jan 17 01:52:29 PST 2018

Am 16.01.2018 um 21:05 schrieb David Shi:
> It is not merge.  I am trying to intersect two vector ShapeFiles.
> Each contains a collection of polygons.  Each collection of polygons
> cover the same geography, but has different boundaries. Can I do
> that?

Sounds like a classic intersect, did you try that already?
You get the combination of the two layers, if you have overlapping
polygons with different geometries, then all boundaries are kept and the
new polygons are bound by them (likely to be more than in each layer due
to combinations).
Attributes of both layers are appended.

If you get errors due to invalid geometries, well, then correct that
beforehand.

Martin