[Qgis-user] CRS was undefined: defaulting to CRS EPSG:4326 - WGS 84

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 21:41:15 PDT 2018

Raster files usually use additional files to define things like CRS. For
example, a .jpg raster file usually comes with up to three additional
files that define the CRS and the coordinates (.jgw, .xml and .aux.xml)

Generally I see this error when importing a raster that has one or more
of these files missing. The message then appears that the CRS has been
undefined and defaulting, and the coordinates for the imported layer
default to 0,0 in the defaulted CRS

Check if these files are present or if they are corrupted.