[Qgis-user] It's not too late to register for the QGIS hackfest in Zanzibar 22 August 2018 - 26 August 2018

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed Jul 25 22:26:10 PDT 2018

Hi All

Just another request: If you are coming to the hackfest in Zanzibar, please add your details to the wiki page including your arrival and departure dates. If you are not listed on that page you may not be given food!

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/DeveloperMeetingZanzibar2018

From the wiki page it seems most will only actively participate from the 23rd. Unless there is a massive increase in the number of attendees, we plan to organise the logistics as follows:

22nd - those that are already in Zanzibar we will hang out in the lounge at Beyt-al-salaam hotel
23rd, 24th - we will meet in the conference room at Maru Maru hotel
25th - we will meet at the university campus - and the day will include a talk open to students about the QGIS project.
26th - we will meet again at the Maru Maru hotel. Those taking the ferry to Dar will need to be at the ferry station by max 2.30pm (a bit earlier is advised). Make sure you are already checked out of your hotel in the morning.

If you need need any help while you are in Zanzibar , please contact Yves Barthelemy  (cell no +255 778 364437 or yvesbarthelemy at gmail.com). Yves will be on site from 21st August.

Whether or not you are attending the event, we are looking for sponsors for the event to cover meals etc. If you are able to sponsor it please contact Lene Fischer at lfi at ign.ku.dk.

Looking forward to seeing you in Zanzibar!

Regards

Tim

—

Tim Sutton