[Qgis-user] How to take a picture directly using QField camera icon?

Alexandra Francisco alex-ffr at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 1 10:10:43 PDT 2018

Hello I am developing a project on Qfield 0.10.13 for QGIS Desktop 2.18.16. The objective of this project is to georeference trees by creating points that contains several attributes such as type, height and the corresponding photograph. At this moment I already have inserted the project on QField with the corresponding shapefiles but I am having some difficulties on inserting the photo using directly QField application. I already found a way of transferring manually the photo (stored in the gallery of my phone) to the laptop and processing it on QGIS. However what I really want to do is take a picture (using the camera and the GPS of my mobile to store the tree location) and insert it directly in the shapefile’s column. In QField website (www.qfield.org<http://www.qfield.org>) I found an example (ice-cream coffee shop) of what I want to implement in which they have an icon (camera icon) which allows them to take the photo directly from Qfield. I have tried to implement this using an external resource as a widget (QGIS -> layer proprieties -> fields -> widget proprieties -> external resource) but it didn’t work. So I did the same thing but instead I have tried it using “photography” as a widget and it also didn’t work… Any ideas in how can I take a picture using directly QField? And how can I insert the camera icon and add it directly to the column of the point using GPS?

I appreciate your time and help.

PS: I am sending a picture of the example of what i am trying to do.

[cid:e0ce4b70-7635-43d2-9705-5ddd8d85d5e1]