[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.0.3 died on signal 11: what did go wrong?

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 02:53:16 PDT 2018

If as you state there were no build errors then the issue probably would
be expected to be in one of the dependencies.

Whilst it is possible to build on many versions of Linux, different
distros can use different versions of the dependency packages from other
distros, causing problems for developers.

The Qgis project doesn't maintain a separate repository of packages for
openSuse. The built packages are the ones supplied by the distro, which
last time I checked was up to 3.0.1 which I am running on a Tumbleweed
VM. This reflects the difficulty of building and maintaining packages
for multiple distros.

If you aren't able to find a cause of this problem, then running Qgis on
Debian or Ubuntu in a virtual machine is likely to be the most stable
option for you if your computer has sufficient resources to do this.