[Qgis-user] Using qgis as realtime decision support tool

Jeroen Hovens mail at groenebij.nl
Mon Jun 18 08:10:05 PDT 2018

That would work if updating the xlsx file automatically leads to an updated map. Does it, or do I have to renew the join every time the xlslx is updated?
I would like the decision makers to see directly what happens to the geographical spread if they refuse proposal 10 to 21 (for instance based on quality of the proposal). Because geographical spread is one of the criteria and this is best visualized with a map (instead of a list of municipality names), they can argue and reconsider choices. That's my need for 'real-time'.
Combined with the wish to make changes in just one document (xlsx being the easiest) in stead of two (both xlsx and qgis), I am looking for solution.

I have to look into the Statistics panel. Will that provide cumulations of a certain column based on a selection of fields (all the selected proposals)? And what is used to create that selection? Does it refresh automatically?