[Qgis-user] how many layers

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Sun Jun 24 07:36:54 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am not sure what you meet by « preset ». But if you are talking about the maximum number of files, it is several hundred.  I think I was having problems after around  512 shape files.  I am not sure the source of this limitation.  Some says it’s a windows limit, others says it’s a C limite.  What even the case, I solved my problem by using Saga on windows 7 and 10.

This limit seems less of a problem in Linux as the max number of open file it can be changed but you should be able to open more than 10 files.

It would help if you added what Operating System you are using, what type of files you are opening and the error messages you are getting.

Nicolas