[Qgis-user] How can I display satellite images in hdf format in RGB color?

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Sun Jun 24 07:55:25 PDT 2018

Hi,

Try gdal_translate with the -sds switch.  You find a GUI version in the raster menu or in processsing.  That should split all your bands into individual single band tiff.  Then you will need to figure out what band you want to display to make the rgb.  Maybe the semi automatic classification plugin has an easier way of doing this.

Nicolas

http://semiautomaticclassificationmanual-v5.readthedocs.io/fr/latest/tutorial_1.html

http://www.gdal.org/gdal_translate.html
-sds:
Copy all subdatasets of this file to individual output files. Use with formats like HDF or OGDI that have subdatasets. The output file naming scheme has changed in GDAL 1.11 (e.g. ofile_1.tif, ofile_2.tif).