[Qgis-user] installing e00conv in Grass so that Grass module v.in.e00 can import e00 files

Roy Marsh roymarsh11 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 13:10:21 PDT 2018

Sorry if this has been answered previously, and the question is rather
basic, but anyway...

I am running QGIS 2.18.12

I am trying to import a number of e00 files (I can't remember the source),
but none of the QGIS options work, raster or vector.

Grass Tools seem promising, specifically v.in.e00, but it can't find
e00.conv, so finishes with error

I found and downloaded the eecompr.1.0.1 package that includes ee00conv,
but it seems I have to actually build the ee00conv executable. I am already
out of my comfort zone and this is just too much for me.

I would appreciate advice. All I want to do is import some files. Maybe
just a couple of good links.

Thank you

Roy