[Qgis-user] Newby trying to load OSM place search plugin

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Jun 30 01:40:01 PDT 2018

On 06/29/2018 07:37 PM, Cerasini, Vance S wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am really new to QGIS after coming off 20+ years in the ESRI world.
>
> I loaded the OSM place search plugin, but I can’t get the panel to come
> up.

You should be able to find the panel via the menu 'View/Panels' too (or
by rightclicking in the toolbar to see the list of available panels and
toolbars).

Depending on you needs you could also try my 'Nominatim Locator Filter'
IF you only need to search-zoom to a place on the world. Read some info
about it here:
http://www.qgis.nl/2018/05/16/english-coding-a-qgslocator-plugin/?lang=en

This is actually a locator, so you use the locator in the lower left
corner. Caveat: you have to end you search with a space, because the
Nominatim service does not allow you to use it as a 'search while you
type' service.

If you need to download the data, you really need the Osm  Place search

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde