[Qgis-user] setout using qgis or qfield or similar

Michael.Dodd michael.dodd at open.ac.uk
Wed May 16 08:28:26 PDT 2018

Is there any way to use qgis or qfield or any other opensource software to 'setout' points in the field?

This is rather basic functionality for a gps but once you are trying to use an external antenna with differential corrections and an android device it becomes a lot more difficult it seems. So far have tried quite a number of bits of android software that should be able to do this but without success.  I have thousands of points recorded to cm level accuracy (using survey grade surveying equipment) but now want to transfer them to an android device e.g. smartphone or tablet with high accuracy external aerial connected via bluetooth and set the points out again.

The high quality aerial can connect to the android device ok but most of the bits of software I have tried (other than ESRI collector) won't pick up the data from the external aerial properly.