[Qgis-user] interpolation help

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Mon May 21 05:13:55 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am not sure what you want to do?  We need more information. It would help if you put the files on a google drive so we can see them, if the information is not confidential.

 It would help if you indicated what you want to achieve.  Are you trying to get a 3D image with 100m pixels?  A sharper or smoother looking map? Or are you trying to just take the 15km grid resolution netcdf file and shop it up into smaller 100m pixels? Keep in mind that you can’t generate reliable 100m information by just changing the resolution of the 15 km file.  Even a nice interpolation of the 15 km data by using sampling point, will never give you reliable weather at a smaller 100m level. At best, you could create a nicer looking map containing rubbish information.

Try to explain what is not working to that we can help you out.  If you are not comfortable in English, I speak French and Spanish also (but my knowledge of GIS Spanish words is null!)

Are both maps geofenced (one on top to the other) when you open them in Qgis? What is your ultimate goal?  What problem are you trying to solve?

Cheers!
Nicolas