[Qgis-user] aux.xml files

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Mon May 21 07:37:42 PDT 2018

Hi world,

Ok I figured it out. As it turns out, the *aux.xml file is generated
when the raster band does not contain the statistics data.  I first
removed all this data using gdal_edit with the "-unsetstats" command.
Then used the "-stats" command and voilà!!! no more pesky xml files for
all files!

For some reason, using the -stats command only,  did not do the job as I
had tried that before writing this email.  I first needed to -unsetstats
before.

Cheers!

Nicolas