[Qgis-user] Problems to run grass7 for QGIS 2.18 in OSX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun May 27 08:17:22 PDT 2018

If you are using the QGIS installer package (as opposed to compiling yourself or from Homebrew), Grass 7 is not included in the package, only Grass 6.  Also, the .grass7 in your home folder, if it exists, is not the Grass application, but user preferences and support files.

You may be able to use the Grass 7 app available from the Grass website, or Grass 7 from homebrew.  I have not tried either.

> On May 26, 2018, at 2:34 PM, José Carlos Guerrero Antúnez <jcgantunez at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> How to configure correctly grass7 in QGIS 2.18.15? I'm working in macOS High Sierra 10.13.4.
>
> I tried two possibilities in Customs paths in Grass Options:
>
> a)  I changed to
> /Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/grass7
>
> And then, I got this error message
>
> "Specified path does not exist:"
>
> b) I changed to
> /Users/joseca/.grass7
>
> And then I got this error message
> "unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str' See log for more details"
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Kind regards,
>

> --
> José Carlos Guerrero

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin