[Qgis-user] Question

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Nov 1 07:25:09 PDT 2018

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 10:51 PM mayank agarwal <urmayankfriend at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I was working on a detailed map development of a certain state (Andhra
> Pradesh)
>  in India. This would be useful in disaster management and would be
> accessible by all.
> Openstreetmap does not provide detailed features of the place that is why
> wanted to check if someone has found a way to use google information.
> Any leads in this regards are appreciated

You might want to check out Missing Maps, missingmaps.org. I've been
involved with a number of efforts to map areas for just your purpose. MM
uses the HOT tasking manager tools [1] to break the work up into manageable
size and then opens it up so everyone can contribute. It just takes someone
willing to create a task and help spread the word. Andhra Pradesh is a
large state so I would suggest starting off with more vulnerable areas,
like coastal areas, first.

I did check OSM - overpass reported more than 200Mb of buildings - that's
before the query crashed from the size.

 [1] tasks.hotosm.org

@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us