[Qgis-user] Creating DEM from Contour lines

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Thu Nov 8 05:12:32 PST 2018

Hi,

DEMs created from Contour line will have a rice paddy look with steps and flat areas.  If this what you are seeing?  You could smoothing filtres on the DEM or possible adding data point to the contour lines. Smoothing can make it nicer but not necessarily more accurate.  You could  perhaps make a densification of the contour lines,  extract the vertexes and model that in cloudcompare or Mesh Lab as a mesh could help.  Would help to know what is not satisfying about your DEM.

Nicolas