[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.4.1 Raster merge problem

Nick Hopton nhopton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 08:46:22 PST 2018

Ubuntu 18.04. QGIS 3.4.1

I have a problem when attempting to merge rasters, the process fails with
the following message:

2018-11-12T16:06:37     INFO    GDAL execution console output
             /bin/sh: 1: gdal_merge.py: not found

Thus it appears that QGIS is looking for a file called 'gdal_merge.py' but
not finding it. In fact 'gdal_merge.py' does not exist on my system, I do
however have a 'merge.py' here:

/usr/share/qgis/python/plugins/processing/algs/gdal/merge.py

I think this is probably a bug, but I don't seem able to log-on to the bug
tracker.