[Qgis-user] show city names without labels?

Groene Bij mail at groenebij.nl
Tue Nov 13 04:11:25 PST 2018

Hi all,

The obvious way to show municipality names would be to use labels. However,
exporting a qgis map use qgis2web (leaflet) displaces labels. It seems
Leaflet uses it's own rules to place labels, not always to my liking.

I have created a point layer with a selection of municipalities I wanted to
have their name displayed, just for basic orientation on a nation map.

Are there other ways to show municipality names without the use of labels?
Maybe creating a custom rectangle polygon and having it somehow show it's
attribute value? Is it even possible to show an attribute value inside a
polygon?

Kind regards,

Jeroen