[Qgis-user] Auto Updating Virtual Layer

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 04:38:40 PST 2018

I am trying to make a pie chart that only compares feature attributes of
the features in the current extent. My first approach was to make a python
function that returned the current extent as a polygon and use that returns
with the within function. Unfortunately the python function only returns an
extent if I go in and click the load button. If I move the extent I have to
reload the python script to get my new extent. This wont work well for my
purposes, so now I am thinking about a virtual layer as an attribute table
that only contains features in the current extent. Has anyone done
something similar with a virtual layer that could help me, I cannot find an
sql command that returns the map canvas. My data is in postgresql.
Thanks;
Tyler