[Qgis-user] Unexpected end of file connecting to WFS on macOS

Robert Hutton rhutton at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Nov 19 22:11:27 PST 2018

QGIS version: 3.4.1 macOS 64-bit
OS version: macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra

We have a geoserver install here which works fine with the latest QGIS on Windows and Linux, but
always fails to connect with QGIS on macOS.

Procedure to replicate:

* Open the Data Source Manager, select WFS
* Add new server connection:
   * Name: AURIN Open API noauth
   * Version 1.1
* Click the Connect button

After exactly 60 seconds (the timeout set in Perferences), I get the error message: "unexpected end
of file".  QGIS on Windows and Linux both connect in around 10 seconds, and increasing the timeout
on macOS doesn't help.

In the Messages pane I only see a datetime with the word WARNING but no other info.  The WFS tab has
"WARNING Download of capabilities failed: Operation canceled".  Network tab has: "WARNING Network
request http://openapi.aurin.org.au/public/wfs?SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&VERSION=1.1.0
timed out"

Is there any way I can debug this further?  I haven't managed to find any way to increase the log
level, and trying to use tcpdump and wireshark hasn't gotten me anywhere either.

Thanks,

Rob

--
Robert Hutton | AURIN Systems Administrator
AURIN, Australian Urban Research Infrastructure Network

T: +61 3 8344 4795  E: rhutton at unimelb.edu.au
W: aurin.org.au