[Qgis-user] Layout question

Michael Jabot Michael.Jabot at fredonia.edu
Tue Nov 20 07:30:39 PST 2018

I have been using the Equal Earth projection for an example for schools.

Is there a way in QGIS to shift the view so that a particular polygon of
interest is centered in the layout?

What I am trying to do is get a “head onto view” of this polygon instead of
having it skewed. I tried rotation but it rotated along the wrong axis

Thank you for any ideas and again I apologize for these dumb questions

Mike

Michael Jabot, Ph.D.
Professor, Science Education
US Partner - GLOBE Program
NASA Earth Ambassador
Director, Institute for Research in Science Teaching
State University of New York at Fredonia
E250 Thompson Hall
Fredonia, NY  14063
716.320-0189 (Google Voice)
jabot at fredonia.edu