[Qgis-user] [ubuntu] Error when starting QGIS

Martin Weis martin.weis.newsadress at gmx.de
Thu Nov 22 02:45:43 PST 2018

Am 22.11.18 um 09:47 schrieb psantana:
> I installed via apt-get the latest version of QGIS following this
> documentation:
> https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu
>
> qgis=1:3.4.1+28bionic
> ubuntu version: 18.04
>
> When starting to start the app I get this exception:
>
> $ qgis
> /usr/bin/qgis.bin: relocation error:
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Quick.so.5: symbol
> _ZTI20QOpenGLShaderProgram version Qt_5 not defined in file libQt5Gui.so.5
> with link time referenc>
> I have installed these packages: qgis python-qgis qgis-plugin-grass
>
> Do you guys know where is the problem?

Not exactly, but did you add the ubuntu-gis non-ltr ppa?

Below is my qgis.list with all entries to quickly change between LTR and
3.4 versions by switching
deb https://qgis.org/ubuntugis xenial main
vs.
deb https://qgis.org/ubuntugis-ltr xenial main

You need also to change xenial to bionic everywhere.

After changing the following should remove the deps properly and
reinstall the new version:

apt update
apt remove qgis-common python-qgis qgis-providers-common
python-qgis-common qgis-provid
er-grass
apt autoremove
apt install qgis python-qgis qgis-provider-grass qgis-providers

more /etc/apt/sources.list.d/qgis.list

# ubuntugis unstable
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu xenial main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu
xenial main

# Nightly build for Debian and Ubuntu [5]
# deb http://qgis.org/debian-nightly xenial main
# Nächtliche Paket mit UbuntuGIS Abhängigkeiten
# deb http://qgis.org/ubuntugis-nightly xenial main

# Long Term Release Repository  2.18.x Las Palmas LTR
# Freigabe für Debian und Ubuntu
# https://qgis.org/debian-ltr
# Release with ubuntugis-unstable dependencies
# deb https://qgis.org/ubuntugis-ltr xenial main
# Nächtliches Paket des zukünftigen Pointreleases für Debian und Ubuntu
# https://qgis.org/debian-nightly-ltr
# Nightly build of upcoming point release with ubuntugis-unstable
dependencies
# https://qgis.org/ubuntugis-nightly-ltr

# Latest Release        3.2.x Bonn
# Freigabe für Debian und Ubuntu