[Qgis-user] Unexpected end of file connecting to WFS on macOS

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Thu Nov 22 14:38:47 PST 2018

Hi Robert

Well, as Richard points out, that service is a bit dodgy. The weird
Abstracts are not helping. This is compounded by there being > 2800
layers in there.

There are actually a few dozen servers out there that have thousands of
layers in their GetCaps. This WMTS for example has almost 4000 layers
and the file is
http://bhuvannuis.nrsc.gov.in/bhuvan/gwc/service/wmts?request=GetCapabilities&service=WMTS&version=1.0.0
<http://localhost:8070/process_page?url=http%3A//bhuvannuis.nrsc.gov.in/bhuvan/gwc/service/wmts%3Frequest%3DGetCapabilities%26service%3DWMTS%26version%3D1.0.0&action=get_info>
- and it loads just fine on my QGIS 2.18.8 install. That GetCap is
legitimately ~55MB and is the single largest GetCapabilites in my index
of several tens of thousands of public getcap responses (only ~35 are
larger than 10MB). So kudos to QGIS for handling these large GetCaps
quickly.

That all said, the WFS URL provided by parent works fine for me on my
Windows 2.18.8 install. Given it only seems faulty on the parent's Mac
install, assuming they're all on the same fairly fast network, I'd
suggest opening it as a bug on the tracker.
Cheers,
Jonathan