[Qgis-user] Atlas features in a single page

Francesco Pelullo f.pelullo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 09:39:11 PST 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to generate a single layout with multiple maps, everyone of
these maps need to be controlled by atlas as usual.
In other words, I would like atlas generate map objects, not pages.

At the present, I can do it manually as follow:
- create a layout, let's say an A0 paper page with no objects;
- create a smaller map layout (let's say, "Map1"), this will be 120x120mm
so it will not cover entirely the layout;
- generate Atlas as usual;
- change properties of Map1 to "controlled by atlas";
- change page in the atlas, until "page 1" will appears;
- at this point, "Map1" has been generated by atlas;
- change properties of Map1 again, now disable "controlled by atlas";
- copy/paste Map1 on the A0 layout, adiacent to Map1, it will became "Map2";
- setup properties of Map2 to "controlled by atlas";
- change page in the atlas, now Map1 will stay as generated by "page 1" and
Map2 will update to "page2";
- edit properties of Map2, disable "controlled by atlas";
- and so on....

I want to generate a single map layout wich contain dozen of map objects,
is there any solution more simple or efficient?
Thank you

Francesco
/niubii/ in OSM