[Qgis-user] QGIS with Boundless Explorer

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at geomaster.pt
Thu Nov 29 03:10:00 PST 2018

Hi Mats,

You should install the Geoserver Explorer plugin from sources [1]. You
will get the last version.

It already works on QGIS 3.x.

If you need further help, you are welcome.

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

[1] https://github.com/boundlessgeo/qgis-geoserver-plugin

Às 09:30 de 29/11/18, Mats Elfström escreveu:
> Hi!
> I am struggling with a QGIS - Boundless Geoserver Explorer - Geoserver
> setup.
> I realise that Boundless' stuff is pretty outdated, so I'd like to
> know which the latest versions are that are supposed to run together?
> Also, if there are certain 32-64 dependencies that must be met.
> The platform is a Windows 2012 64 cloud server.
> Curently, I have
>
>   * QGIS 2.18.25 32 bit
>   * Geoserver Explorer 0.6 (boundless repository)
>   * Geoserver 2.13.3 on JVM 1.8.0_191 32 bit
>
> This does not work. I get a recurring Python error:
>
> local variable 'layerItem' referenced before assignment
>
> or various other fatal Python errors when attempting to publish layers
> and generally communicating with the Geoserver.
>
> There is no QGIS 3 version of the plugin.
>
> I have tried Geoserver 2.14 to no avail.
>
> I have also tried the QGIS version from Boundless, the so called
> Boundless Desktop. Same error unfortunately.
>
> This points to the Geoserver version as the culprit. Is anybody able
> to confirm this?
>
> I would really not like to downgrade that, since I'd like this server
> setup to be as current as possible.
>
> The bug tracker at Boundless github has similar questions, but no help.
>
> I'd appreciate any troubleshooting hints.
>
> Regards, Mats.E

Logo*   Geomaster, LDA*
  *VENHA DESCOBRIR O CAMINHO DO OPEN SOURCE CONNOSC**O

*

Avenida Barros e Soares
N.º 423, 4715-214 Braga
VAT/NIF510 906 109