[Qgis-user] Scale on printed pdf is incorrect

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Oct 15 07:54:57 PDT 2018

Hi Flore,

Are you absolutely sure that the printer is not scaling during the
printing? Many printers "autoscale" and shrink the content, because they
think that there is content right to the edge (even if it is just
white-space). In such case, you can often force the printer to turn off
auto-scaling through some printer setting (e.g. print at 100%).

Another source of confusion regarding printing at scale is the
coordinate system. What coordinate system is your data in and what
coordinate system are you using in your project? Anything lat/lon should
be converted into a projected coordinate system, before trying to print
at scale.

If you double checked that and can confirm that it is not the fault of
some printer setting, than you should file an issue report at
https://issues.qgis.org/ and we can find a developer to look at the
issue. Best, if you could provide a sample data and project to reproduce
the issue.

Greetings,

Andreas