[Qgis-user] Custom forms with subform

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Oct 15 08:02:08 PDT 2018

Hi Carlos,

Subforms are possible. But only in "Drag and Drop Designer" mode. Not so
easy with your custom UI file from Designer - maybe it would work, but
then most likely it would require python coding.

First, you have to establish table relations in your project:

Menü Project --> Project Properties --> Relations.

Then you go to your layer properties --> Attribute form tab. Instead of
choosing your custom UI file, switch to Drag and Drop form mode.

After switching to drag and drop designer mode, there are now three
columns:

- The available widgets --> in the lower parts you can see the relations
you defined in the step above

- The Form layout: Tabs/Sections/Groups

- The selected widgets properties

Hope this helps.