[Qgis-user] How do I stitch drone images together to make an orthomosaic?

Alex M tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Oct 16 10:06:31 PDT 2018

On 10/16/18 10:02, Daniel Adee wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I am completely new to QGIS. For my job I do crop scouting of agricultural
> fields, and I would like to stitch images together from a drone to create
> an orthomosaic image of a field. The drone will fly a set pattern so the
> images overlap. The images will be geo-referenced. Is this possible to do?
> If so, how would I do this?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Dan

Unless you want to do it by hand with georeferencing...
OpenDroneMap(OpenSource), Photoscan($), or Pix4d($$). There are also
several good and relatively inexpensive online options like DroneDeploy,
MapsMadeEasy, etc...

Yes the images will have a center point but that's not the same as being
geo-referenced, that's actually called geo-tagged.

The results can be viewed and analyzed in QGIS.

Thanks,
Alex