[Qgis-user] unable to install QGIS with OSGEO4W on windows 7

Reginald Reginald.Carlier at ingelmunster.be
Thu Oct 18 22:33:53 PDT 2018

Hi,

When trying to install QGIS with OSGEO4W64 installer on the PC of a fellow
worker, everytime I get an error:
crssync.exe : zip.dll is missing. you need to install it again....
Then when restarting and trying to run QGIS I get a dialogue that says:
you need to check qgis-bin.env and correct invalid entries or something like
that How can I completely remove qgis on a windows 7 pc and install qgis 3?
I uninstalled qgis with software panel from windows.
Then I deleted the OSGEO4W folder.
Then I tried deleting qgis instances in regedit but that failed.
Is there a way to copy the zip.dll from somewhere and paste it in the right
place?
Why isn't OSGEO4W installer setting the right env variables?
You see, a lot of questions, but QGIS is a big program and has a lot of
possibilities ;-)

Regards,