[Qgis-user] 3d viewer

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Oct 23 12:51:26 PDT 2018

Hi Ray,

Glad that it worked now.

Yes, 3D is a QGIS 3.x feature only. Also, it is still early stages for
3D in QGIS. I expect several improvements in the upcoming releases.

Note that version 3 can also optionally save in .qgs - .qgz is just a
.qgs in a zip file. But yes, compatibility is only towards a higher
version, not the opposite way.

Greetings,

Andreas