[Qgis-user] how does QGIS generate the EPSG from a Shapefile?

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Thu Oct 25 06:27:56 PDT 2018

As far as I know, qgis cannot discover it. If the shapefile is missing
the projection info, it will either:
1. Ask you to select it
2. Select the one your current map is set to
3. Select a predefined epsg
depending on your settings.

If your settings are 2. or 3. you might not notice this, and think qgis
is selecting the right one for you.