[Qgis-user] Snapping points and lines in 3D

Morten Storm morten.storm at artogis.dk
Tue Oct 30 01:02:46 PDT 2018

Hi,

I have a 3D point layer from a GPS device (with x, y AND z coordinates).

I want to digitize new features in 3D point and 3D line layers with
snapping in all 3 dimensions to these GPS points.

This works great for line features - every node gets 3D coordinates when
snapped to my GPS points. However point features only get 2D coordinates
(zero for z)!? Do I do something wrong - or is this by design?

I have tried this in QGIS 2.18.21 and QGIS 3.4.0.

Best regards,

Morten Storm
Chefkonsulent

  <http://www.artogis.dk/>