[Qgis-user] Georeferencing for Avenza

Stephane Goldstein s.n.g at gmx.com
Tue Oct 30 19:02:11 PDT 2018

Hi Peter.

I have been exporting georeferenced TIFs and using them in Avenza without
any issues so far, in both in GDA94 (lat/lon) and GDA MGA zones.
I always go trough the layout/composer and create a map covering the whole
page.
Then I export it as a TIF. The downside is you have to set a much higher
DPI then what you raster data is actually in, and the files get very big.
About 150mb for an A4 layout at 600dpi, which is what I usually use.
Of course this can vary depending on the extent of your map. The larger the
area you wanna load in Avenza, the higher your DPI setting needs to be.
I work with areas about 150x80km in one A4 layout.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.