[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.4 macOS still doesn't install GRASS properly, ... 'sigh...'

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Oct 31 15:24:54 PDT 2018

Hi Stace,

Sorry to hear about that. Can you remind me, when you tried to contact
me? I couldn't find any record of it.

Normally I am pretty responsive to such questions: even if we normally
don't do earmarked donations, we always try to help you find a developer
with the expertise to help fix issues.

We also have the QGIS grants program, where contributors can propose a
project that is funded from the general donations and sponsorships.
Improving installer and user experience on the MacOS platform could be
one such project.

Note that GRASS and QGIS are separate projects with their own, different
release schedules. It is normal that sometimes things break between this
too separate projects - not on purpose, but it happens. This is nothing
specific on the MacOS platform. It also happens on Windows and Linux.

About your general complaint that we tend to neglect the MacOS platform:
are you aware that we just recently did a fund raising initiative
targeted specifically to fixing issues on the MacOS platform? See
http://blog.qgis.org/2018/09/12/macosx-specific-bug-fixing-campaign/

About 30 people contributed a little more than 3000 € altogether. So
people do care about it - but to put in in perspective: one single ESRI
license probably costs more than what this campaign raised.
Nevertheless, it was nice to see that >30 people chipped in and it shows
that the QGIS.ORG project also cares about it. There are some nice
results from this initiative and we will soon blog about the results for
the campaign.

Greetings,

Andreas