[Qgis-user] QGIS server 3 improvements

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 08:12:37 PDT 2018

Hi Lewis,
thanks for raising the issue here. The performance of QGIS server rendering
is a long standing work in the QGIS community. We have been working recently
on a test platform that helps in driving development by checking rendering
performances every night at http://test.qgis.org/perf_test/

The performance of QGIS server are conditioned by a lot of factors, and we
are currently investigating what could have caused some slower results for
lines and polygons, and what could explain a slower server than the desktop.

You can now take benefit of the multithread rendering that will speed up a
lot if you have available cores.

Good news from today, we might have found a really simple explanation for
one issue. We still have to issue a Pull Request to fix it, and check that
it works in all contexts.

Could you precise what differences you see, give some metrics before/after,
a description of your datasets, etc...?

Best regards
Régis