[Qgis-user] Wrong Path

Martin Bittens martin.bittens at gmx.de
Fri Sep 21 10:14:10 PDT 2018

Hello, good afternoon.

I got some trouble with the OSGeo4W Shell after I did the latest QGIS
update (to QGIS 2.18.24 64bit). Some of the Shell commands I'd use in
the past do not work anymore.

E.g., for checking the installed python packages: pip freeze --> Fatal
error in launcher: Unable to create process using
'"c:\osgeo4~1\bin\python.exe"
"C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\Python27\Scripts\pip.exe" ';

or

installing a new package: pip install geopy --> Fatal error in launcher:
Unable to create process using '"c:\osgeo4~1\bin\python.exe"
"C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\Python27\Scripts\pip.exe" install geopy'.

Interestingly I can use the pip command if I type at the Shell prompt:
c:\OSGeo4W64\bin\python.exe "C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\Python27\Scripts\pip.exe"
install geopy. Then the installation process is running correctly.

I do not know why "\osgeo4~1" appears in the path although the setting
is: set osgeo4w --> OSGEO4W_ROOT=C:\OSGeo4W64

QGIS is installed in the directory C:\OSGeo4W64, OS: Windows 10.

Does anybody know a solution for that problem?

Thank you very for your advice.

Martin

---